I keep getting nominated for the Honest Scrap award, and although I find it hard to believe that anyone would want to know any more than what I already reveal on Twitter, Facebook and elsewhere, I shall try to dredge up some scraps for you!
10 Honest Scraps about Me…
1. I live and work alone. My 'work' days are long, but since they are filled with a tasty mix of landscape design, publicity for the San Francisco Flower and Garden Show, and adventures in photography, gardening and writing, it's not really work. It's just my life. I have a lovely office, but I spend most of my time on the red loveseat in my living room. (Kind of the indoor equivalent of the Red Umbrella!)
2. I love movies, especially ones with great soundtracks. I watch favorite movies over and over, mostly for company. That said, I almost never 'watch' much of a movie, since I am usually working on my laptop. Needless to say, I don't often watch movies with subtitles.
3. I eat very poorly, and strangely. I am fortunate to have people in my life who like to cook for me!
4. I was named after Laura Ingalls Wilder.
5. I cry when I get hit in the head, even if it doesn't hurt. Luckily, this doesn't happen much.
6. I walk on my tiptoes when my feet are bare and the floor is cold.
7. I hate the taste of cilantro. I think it ruins anything it touches, and that if it is featured prominently in a restaurant dish, it should be listed on the menu. In case I forget to ask.
8. My idea of a luxury is to stay in my robe all day on a rainy day, writing, puttering around the house, or reorganizing something. The ultimate measure of this luxury is not having to change again to go back to bed. Bonus points if someone feeds me.
9. I have no interest in sports, with the possible exception of car races, especially Indy and Formula One. Only on TV though...I don't like the noise at the track.
10. I went to school in England my junior year of college. I still drink my tea with milk, but will never understand Marmite. English chocolate is the best.
Now, who can I tag? (don't worry, nothing bad will happen if you don't play!!)